Saturday, December 17, 2005

Home for the Holidays

Cheap holidays in other people's misery...
-Johnny Rotten, "Holidays in the Sun," 1977
The Bro is among us, and of course with Bro comes His Girlfriend who is one of the nicest people I know. Me, Ma, Dad, Bro and HGF all congregated to deck the tree with sparkly objects and eat Ma's soup. It was fun, for the most part, listening to old European carol albums (including several of Ma's favorite LPs) and pondering the whys and wherefores of baked apples.
Naturally I won't see Bro much at all. Seeing the two of them makes me feel lonely, having "never had no one ever..." It's going to be a rather lonely holiday. I think I might move in with Peaches.
Luckily I wasn't given much time to mope because I was whisked away into Ma's room to watch part of _Amelie_ which is one of the best films I've ever seen. Annoying Unlovely Git was right about something for once! Can't wait to finish it.
It's snowing right now and I am shivering so much I can hardly type...not that I can type well under normal circumstances...
Other Random Notes:
Been watching a series of Art videos (Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Titian, Velasquez, Vermeer, etc) presented by a guy with spiky hair and a fondness for the phrase "frozen moment." Quite good otherwise.
15 Dec was Paul Simonon's fiftieth birthday. Contemplating that guarantees hours of unrestrained amusement.
And...
I'M GOING GUITAR SHOPPING TODAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home