Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Jasper's Escapades in the World of Culinary Hair Dye

Recently I have been rather bored with my hair, so I've developed a few schemes to change it. The first involved snipping pieces off bit by bit with the nail clippers, which provided an interesting edge but didn't change the overall shape of the 'do. I haven't got the patience to give myself a total haircut.
The second involved a few attempts at natural hair dye recipes I'd read about in various herb books. Lemon juice didn't really work, and neither did a mix of lemon juice and chamomile tea. I ended up trying a mix of water, cinnamon, chili powder, cloves, lemon juice, and honey, which tasted great, smells lovely, and gave me interesting chili powder dandruff. For those of you who haven't seen me in a few days and are freaking out about this, I can assure you that my hair is virtually unchanged other than a distinct odor of cinnamon and a light "rosy glow" around the front bit. I think I'll try leaving it in a bit longer next time...
Other Random Notes:
~Finally finished "Black Angel's Death Song"/"Starman" comics for the Bro, both of which ended up being considerably trippier than I had originally intended. I haven't seen him all day and therefore do not know what he thinks.
~Went Thanksgiving shopping in a near-deserted Safeway with Herself. The store was very creepy, what with the Christmas muzak already blasting from the speakers and the beverage aisle where Coke (the beverage) and Pepsi co-exist peacefully. All the celebrity mags drearily adorning the cash registers and the slick Christmas decor made the whole scene seem rather like some Beatnik-Orwellian vision of a scary commercialized future. "I'm all lost in the supermarket, I can no longer shop happily..."
~Luckily I was able to escape into the bustling depths of our local bookstore to buy my Clash mag (which is DIVINE) and run into more people-I-know than I thought would be about- Snowy's brother, Milano Cheddar (v. awkward), and three out of four of The Royal Navy (I.e., Herself's garden-mad friend and her two sons). It was all quite peculiar.
Cheers,
Jasper "I can't tell the difference between Bob Dylan and Dylan Thomas" Ritchie (as opposed to Bert "I can't tell the difference between Bob Dylan and Bob Marley" the Hedgehog, Snowy "my parents listen to Bob Dylan and I think it's weird" the Stockfish and Joe "Bob Dylan is the Man" Strummer.)

2 Comments:

Blogger RACL said...

It's all right, dear.

8:47 AM  
Blogger RACL said...

To you too. Yeah, my friends and I have a lot of inside jokes about Bob Dylan. It's good.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home