Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Do the Cossack Dance in America!

I mean, you might as well. -Joe Strummer.

We took Snowy out dancing and it was very, very fun.
The day began with me dashing out to buy shoes. I ended up with gold flats. I then went to the library and loaded up on fashion books, including one written by Twiggy in 1968 when she was about seventeen. Anyone want to buy me some eyeliner for Xmas?
I then met up with Bert and we went off to get our nails done in a very swank spa full of impossibly glam people. A little intimidating but fun nonetheless, mine are now filmstar red!
Went back to Bert's house where I disappeared into her pile of girlie fashion mags until Billy Joe Jr. (aka GreenDay, on Snowy's blog) arrived and we ate pizza. Snowy herself came as well. I had a Coke and got very overcaffeinated.
Peaches showed up and we all crammed ourselves into Bert's tiny bathroom acting like grooming chimpanzees: doing each other's hair and makeup or shaving our own legs etc. Long conversations about the color of underwear (black underwear=you want to get laid. Deal with it) and about putting mascara on Billy Joe Jr, or about Snowy's quiz madness etc.
Dresses dresses dresses:
Bert wore dark turquoise velvet, strapless, very modern and elegant
Snowy made her own gold satin skirt
Billy Joe Jr wore black with awesome lace stockings
Peaches got a brown 'fifties-ish number with big skirt
J wore a gold sparkly lace skirt with a turquoise top and Twiggy-ish eyeliner.
We went and danced, even me (my dancing skills are comparable to those of Dee Dee Ramone's tonsils). Sadly the music was all rap so I had to go over and terrorize the DJs, but they never did play my songs. The non-rap notables were: "Numa Numa" (Maiia hee...etc, not "maria..."), "Beverly Hills," "La La," (the one with Ashlee Simpson looking like an emo kid in the video...seriously, there is a GUY I've seen around with her haircut and clothes) "Since U Been Gone," "Hollaback Girl" (YEAH Gwen!) and that one song where every third word is "Girls!!!"
Peaches agonized a lot about asking HIM to dance (not the band...) and I got pissed of at DJs and rap. Funnily enough even Snowy's bro came, under coercion, wearing a suit and an expression of disbelief.
I tried to do the cossack dance but I'm not flexible enough...repeating the quote is a surefire way of bothering Billy Joe Jr.
I dunno, throw a rock at it?
J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home