Tuesday, November 15, 2005

First Snow and a Lot of Other Random Junk

First snow of the season...just a light feather dusting accompanied by some VICIOUS cold weather, but nice nonetheless.

There was an interview with Alex Kapranos of Franz Ferdinand in New Scientist...oddly fitting since I've been wandering around with the new album stuck in my head for a few days...

Some weird things found in Rolling Stone:
Marilyn Manson is coming up with a Schiaperelli-Dali influenced perfume which I would actually buy if funds allowed
In an article on Kate Moss, the writer dropped more Clash lyric references in one sentence than I thought was possible. It ran something like "Mick Jones was the guy who criticized doped-up rock stars in his song Jail Guitar Doors and now he's rockin' his chemical casbah with Kate Moss, the ultimate treat-me-nice-party-girl?" I have yet to write them a nagging email about it, especially since Mick did have a coke habit, circa Give 'Em Enough Rope.
And, weirdest of all, SOME IDIOTS ARE CASTING ELIJAH WOOD AS IGGY POP OF ALL PEOPLE!!!!!!! This defies basic rules of nature! Not to mention common sense! Oh, agony!

Another weird thing- Just found out that Mini-Wheat and I were living in North London at around the same time...pretty freaky, huh?
And my "Underworld Daydream" has been deemed publishable material. By the RockNRoll poet herself, Lindsay Dear. Praise from Caesar is praise indeed, eh?
Off to compose more scintillating prose!
Cheers (and the remains of more coffee-induced energy than I really ought to have)
Jasper

1 Comments:

Blogger RACL said...

He is actually a guy but androgyny is a girl's best friend, eh?

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home