Monday, January 09, 2006

Back to the USSR

Home again after break. The plumbing has stopped screwing up, our water heater isn't misbehaving too badly, and I lived on leftover takeout Chinese food for three days. Back to the USSR.
Went out to eat with Twinlets, Philosophy Dude and co. the night after I rewatched Westway to the World. Philosophy Dude has the 101'ers album so we listened to that (LETSAGETABITAROCKIN'!) and discussed Chrissie Hynde and Rude Boy, the other Clash flick. Good fun.
The next morning, my friend H and her kids came over for a chat. Elsa is three, nearly four, and Sawyer is one of the most alert babies I have ever seen. After much ooh-ing and aah-ing and ohmigodyouaresocute-ing they left and I got to work on a legal brief. The joins of studying law. Sandinista on the headphones was my only salvation from death by boredom.
After that I had barely enough energy to sit in front of the electric fire and read movie reviews. I now want to see:
Stranger than Paradise (Jarmusch, a favorite of Philosophy Dude)
Down by Law (Jarmusch, liked by the Time Out guide)
Mystery Train (Are we getting a Jarmusch thing going here? Joe Strummer's in this one)
Rebel Without A Cause (James Dean is TOTALLY my style icon)
A Place in the Sun (cos the Clash liked it so much)

1 Comments:

Blogger RACL said...

Back in the day all right...*sigh*

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home