Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween and What I've Been Listening To

Halloween- majorly fun. Peaches and SPARKLY and I handed out candy to some amazingly cute kids in fuzzy little tiger suits. Later, we roamed the dark streets in costume, soaking up the chill night air. Just this once it didn't actually snow. Wow. But more on that later, when I report on another important Fall holiday namely MY BIRTHDAY...
SO:
The Great Jasper List of What I've Been Listening To!!!
Dandy Warhols:
Not If You Were the Last Junkie on Earth "Never thought you'd be a junkie because heroin is so passe." Well not according to FAB's shirt it isn't. Then again these europeans are crazy, eh? (I'm still pissed about that.)
Every Day Should Be A Holiday, one of my favorite song circa fourth grade, I used to sit on my brother's floor while he did his homework and sing along. He recently gave me his Dandy Warhols concert shirt. It's HUGE!
Clash:
Hateful (Vanilla tapes version) I just got a used Clash book for a mere fiver and I am immensely proud of it. Anyways I love this song, both in the LP version and in the rehearsal version.
barenaked ladies:
Pinch Me- another one of those songs I associate with bro's dark red carpet
Jane- song number 436 to be about "Jane" not to mention the band Jane's Addiction...there's a girl called Jane in my art class which cracks me up.
Velvet Underground (with or without Nico):
I've been on a HUGE Velvets kick lately and I blame you, Lindsay. Anyway...
All Tomorrow's Parties-"And what costumes shall the poor girl wear..." listening to this and working on my costume for all tomorrow's parties.
Femme Fatale-"She's just a little tease" tied for fave Nico number
I'll Be Your Mirror- "reflect what you are..." see above
Waiting For The Man- Sid should've covered this one instead of "Chinese Rocks". This is another bro fave
Candy Says- gorgeous drag queen song about a gorgeous drag queen
Pale Blue Eyes- classic
What Goes On- ditto
I'm Beginning to See The Light- and I am, I really am!
After Hours- "all the people are dancing and they're having such fun, I wish it could happen to me. But if you close the door, I'll never have to see the day again."
Sweet Jane- "...and I'm in a rocknroll band!" I LOVE THIS SONG!
Kinks:
Celluloid Heroes- "Avoid treading on dearest Marilyn, because she's not very tough"
Lola- Giraffe calls me Lola...long story...
Muswell Hillbilly- this one always reminds me of the drive from San Francisco to Mendocino: "this young man has volunteered to share the music of the Kinks with you..."
Beach Boys:
Fun Fun Fun "til her daddy takes the Tbird away!"
Franz Ferdinand:
You Could Have It So Much Better- I love this song
Walk Away- "why don't you walk away no buildings will fall down why don't you walk away no quake will split the ground why don't you walk away the sun won't swallow the sky why don't you walk away statues will not cry?"
Outsiders- we ARE tho.
White Stripes
Seven Nation Army came on in a cafe, I love their cover art.

1 Comments:

Blogger RACL said...

Well, y'know, Lou Reed IS god... as opposed to Clapton.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home