Monday, October 10, 2005

Doll Face

Since we have at long last decided that we are too old for trick-or-treating, amicae mea and I have decided to put on a show for the innocent kiddies that come knocking and asking for packaged sugar high. This involves a "living doll" seated on my porch wrapped in Snowy's cloak and wearing a mask of my design. I am going to have fun making this as elegant and creepy as I possibly can.
Recently I have found a certain charm in the creepier aspects of china dolls. The New York Dolls managed to look gorgeous and threatening at the same time, delightfully campy but tough under all the makeup. A local band, the Dresden Dolls, as picked up the tradition and their poster is gorgeous: a doll-faced guy holding a switchblade between his teeth. I wish I could steal one for my room.
Also there is the well-established Courtney Love tradition of babydoll/kinderwhore dresses but I don't think I'll be buying into that anytime soon. Poor Frances, born to the founders of grunge when all she wants to do is be preppy.
So I'm planning to have fun with that, eh? And be prepared for a scare...but a very elegant one.
I'm not a magician.
I am wearing a bright red jacket.
Cheers, Jasper

1 Comments:

Blogger RACL said...

Yeah exactly. So we're scaring people instead.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home