Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Post Without a Title

I have too many subjects this time to title this, hence the oxymoronic phrase.
First off: In all my top tens, HOW COULD I HAVE POSSIBLY FORGOTTEN THE KINKS???? Really my own stupidity amazes me at times.
Updated Top Ten Britrock Bands:
1) Clash
2) Pistols
3) Kinks
4) Stones
5) Beatles
6) Spiders from Mars/Stardust era Bowie
7) Smiths
8) Franz Ferdinand
9) John Cale solo work
10) Floggin Molly
Secondly, I am now deeply in love with Amanda Parker of the Dresden Dolls. I'd marry her if I could. (After all, it is legal in Massachusetts...the band is from Boston. So it works.) Anyway, Mum (not my real mum, but a friend/mother figure of mine who hangs out in the library) burned their CD for me and I spent last night listening to it over and over. Since it is a burned CD I don't know all the track titles, but I liked the first one, "God, it's been a lovely day, everything's been going my way, I've had so much fun today and I'm on fire...", "Girl Anacronism" their local hit, "Coin Operated Boy", and the creepy one to the tango tune. Wow.
Thirdly there is a really good-smelling cake sitting on the counter top and I have to go make the icing (and then do my math and then go to sleep) so I have to go now.
BYE!

1 Comments:

Blogger RACL said...

They're not too much like the New York Dolls because they have no guitar, but their lyrics are similar thematically to some of Johnny Thunders's post-Dolls stuff.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home