Monday, October 17, 2005

You Could Have It So Much Better

The last message you sent said I looked really down
That I oughtta come over and talk about it, well
I wasn't down, I just wasn't smiling at you yeah!


Hurrah for Alex Kapranos. Today is "Random Song Lyrics and Other Music Related Stuff" day so if that sounds boring please sign off now, yes?
Right, so, the absolutely definitive list of Top Ten greatest rock bands:
1) The Clash (really no surprise here to those who know me)
2) The Sex Pistols (includes Sid Vicious solo work)
3) The Velvet Underground
4) The Rolling Stones
5) The Ramones
6) The Beatles
7) Franz Ferdinand
8) The Smiths
9) The Pretenders
10) Blondie
As you can tell I'm in to the old stuff (apart from Franz Ferdinand). Also that all but two of the bands on that list start with the word "The" which is nonexistent in Latin. Just thought I'd point that out.

(Sing, Michael, sing!) On the route of the 19 Bus, we hear them saying
How you get so rude and a reckless?
Don't you be so crude and a feckless
You been drinking brew for breakfast
Rudie can't fail!

Ironic given that Mick Jones hated when his Nan called him "Michael." Joe avoided the issue by referring to him mostly as "Jonesy" and Paul Simonon as "Simmo." This is a source of great amusement to me.
Well we all need someone we can lean on
And if you want it, babe, well you can lean on me.
Yeah we all need someone we can lean on
And if you want to, well you can lean on me.
Really I wonder how Mick Jagger's lips have maintained their amazing size all these years while actresses half his age are already getting collagen. If he marketed his secret he'd be a rich man. Oh wait, he is already.
Top Ten British Bands/Artists
1 Clash
2 Pistols
3 Stones
4 Beatles
5 Smiths
6 Ziggy Stardust era Bowie
7 Franz Ferdinand
8 Pink Floyd
9 Led Zeppelin
10 Flogging Molly

There's no point in asking, you'll get no reply
And just remember, I don't decide
I've got no reason, it's all too much
You'll always find me out to lunch!
Oh we're so pretty, oh so pretty
We're VACANT! (2x)
I really honestly love the Sex Pistols. Deeply so. Also, here are a few extracts from the Franz Ferdinand Fact File ( alliteration is the corniest technique on earth): Their song "Eleanor Put Your Boots On" is about the lead singer of the Fiery Furnaces, while "Love and Destroy" is about the main character of _The Master and Margarita_, my favorite Russian novel. I need that song.
Punk Bass Players In Order of Fanciability:
1) Paul Simonon
2) Sid Vicious (although the term "bass player" may be stretching it a bit, poor Simon)
3) Glen Matlock
4) Captain Sensible
5) Dee Dee Ramone (by no stretch of the imagination is Dee Dee hot, but he is still better than the rest of the band.)
In closing, I ask you all to remember that
There's a starman waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us but he thinks he'd blow our minds
There's a starman waiting in the sky
He's told us not to blow it cos he knows it's all worthwhile
He told me "Let the children use it,
Let the children loose it
Let all the children boogie."

1 Comments:

Blogger RACL said...

As do you. Great minds think alike, eh?

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home