Monday, November 14, 2005

Clarifications and notes:

First off, a gooey, cream-filled Happy Birthday to Snowy-my-dear although it is several months too late.
Secondly, I have a few notes to make concerning the post "Underworld Daydream." Apparently, some people read it and began to worry about my general mental health. Just to clear things up a bit, I am not suicidal or depressed or otherwise emotionally unwell. My heart bleeds for those who are but I am not about to dash out and join them. I have too much to do.
Like make up Strike, for instance. I wasn't able to help the rest of the crew strike the set so I need to go in and do that, I'm just hoping I didn't miss the opportunity to do so. I would bite my nails with stress and worry but the idea of nail-biting has never particularly appealed to me. Plus mine are a bit too short to bite anyway.
Anyway, to make up for the unfortunate "Underworld Daydream" post, I'll write a list of happy things...or at least, things that have recently boosted my mood.
1) Blazer shopping: I love blazers passionately. I went on a shopping spree this weekend to a pair of local (or semi-local) thrift stores: the All That Glitters benefit for HospiceCare and Rockin' Robin's in Niwot. At All That Glitters I was able to find a great Debbie Harry-ish blue dress although the black velvet I tried on didn't fit. What a shame. I made up for it by getting a black velvet blazer at Rockin' Robin's, the most awesome r'n'r store in the state. They have a jukebox, for cryin' out loud! Also got a marroon job to go with my new bottlegreen flatcap. Three cheers!
2) Watch movies: recently watched the film "Saving Grace" with Brenda Blethyn of Jane Austen fame. Laughed my behind off all the way through, and I definitely reccomend it and the author commentary.
3) Listen to "Sweet Jane" until my brain drips slowly out my ears: because I love the Velvets, that's why.
4) Read hefty Clash-related books until THEY drip slowly out my ears: for more information on Jasper's AMAZING Clash habit, please see the posts "Bass Culture" and "Letter from the pits of snooze-free Hell." I'm currently counting off the days until "unspecified winter holiday" so I can get my rookers on "Sandinista!" Wheee....splat
5) ...or go get a large glass of water, which is what I shall do right now. BYE!

1 Comments:

Blogger RACL said...

Somewhere there ought to be an option where you can get word verification. In the meantime it is possible to delete the existing ones.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home