Saturday, October 08, 2005

TAKE ME OUT

Well, people, the moment we have all been waiting for has arrived, and the new Franz Ferdinand album is in stores. Unfortunately I was beyond skint when I recieved the good news and was forced to sob and beat my pillow (well, not really) but luckily Herself pays for garden chores so I earned it washing windows. I haven't listened to it yet but it's sitting by my elbow while I type, the Pop Art cover teasing me. The girl in the photo is stunningly gorgeous, even in that awful hat. I love album covers, they make me want to draw.
Speaking of which I'm working on another Groovy Pencil Drawing in art class, this time of a shoe, a Clash photo, and (eventually) the Coca Cola label held together with safety pins. Safety pins are truly a wonder of fastening technology. Simply put they rock.
Other than that I don't really have much else to write, except I finally watched the movie version of High Fidelity last night. The book was better but the movie was pretty awesome as well.
I went to the Franz Ferdinand website (hey, it's understandable, they're my favorite living rock band along with the Hot IQs) and read some of Alex Kapranos' blog. "No, I'm not a magician, but I'm wearing a red jacket." Not a direct quote, for his own words see www.franzferdinand.co.uk, it's a fantastic and very arty website. From reading the lyrics the new album sounds darker but I'm looking forward to it anyway.
I've lost count of days to my birthday but it's 3 November 2005 and if you forget my locker again I will ram my fist down your throats, you irresponsible wanks. Only joking. Ha ha.
So I'm off to clean my room and listen to You Could Have It So Much Better.
That's all the news from Art-Brat-Introspection-Land.
Wishing you peace, happiness, and deep fried Mars Bars,
Jasper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home