Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Look, Snowy, It Ain't Red!!!

(one of those posts that have nothing to do with the title. I'm writing in aqua in honor of my beloved new cruiser. Read on.)
Yay, Jasper got a bike! The bike, officially and fully titled Absolutely Sweet Edie Marilynne, Queen of All Rockabilly Cruisers, (Edie Marie for short), is painfully slow uphill, murderously fast downhill, and gorgeous, making her absolutely suited to me. The name comes from a Bob Dylan song (Note to BertHedgehog: Bob Dylan is the one who is still alive. Note to Snowy: Bob Dylan rocks! Note to self: Bob Dylan is not a Welsh poet.) "Absolutely Sweet Marie," a Warhol muse, Edie Sedgwick, and Marilyn Monroe with a few extra letters. I was chronically affected as a child by a picture book about a lady who named her wheelbarrow.
I had a point when I began writing, I swear...
Oh yes, the joys of haunting the library.
My dear friend Peaches has a good deal of trouble getting her geometry completed on time. (As do I but I at least start the damn stuff.) Therefore I spend a good deal of time supervising her in the library with some hefty Clash-related book pretending to read or just having a good snizz. (My regime of 10:30 PM to 6:00 AM has made it possible for me, like Paul Simonon, to sleep on cue.) But recently other beings have been haunting the library. Other beings of note. HA HA HA HA!!!
.

Incidentally for all those somewhat confused by my Blog name, I am in fact a female of the species as explained in my profile. I go by "Jasper" because it's a cool word not to mention a gorgeous mineral (poppy jasper...aah the connotations of that) and "Ritchie" because it is a time- or at least Kurt Cobain-honored alias plus Sid isn't using it at the moment. RIP, mate.
Which leads me through the channels of my twisted mind to my last scintillating HA GREAT WORD, THAT point: WHAT IS IT WITH SCOTS AND VODKA?????? Really! Two of the members of Franz Ferdinand met in an argument over vodka. Hieronymous et al request vodka donations for the BDP. What is the mystique? Or maybe it's because I'm only part Scots and have been living in Beefburger-skyscraper-and-yellowcabland for too long.
Whatevs, maaan.
...and deep inside you, a tiny voice whispers "Come to the dark side. You know it's true. Warhol really is God."
Cheers,
Jasper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home