Friday, August 19, 2005

Exit, Pursued By A Bear

This is Shakespeare's most famous stage direction, used in the play "A Winter's Tale." I recently saw this play at our local Shakespeare festival.
But that isn't the most interesting thing I saw recently. Friday, 12 August 2005, found me and my mates at Red Rocks Amphitheater to watch, yes that's right, the Killers. It was brilliant. I would describe the ambience, the lighting, and the pervading odor of cigarrette smoke, but my friends are already rather tired of such accounts. Anyway it was great, wish you had been there.
Some Other Random Notes:
What I've been listening to lately:
The Kinks- a wonderful proto-punk British Invasion group.
Blondie- punked up discopop at its best. Sounds weird when I describe it, but it's great.
Pretenders- good ol' Chrissie Hynde. She's American but the rest of the band are Brits. The sound is Clash guitar with Chrissie's own lyrics. Excellent.
That's all folks.
Jasper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home